They’ve been around for years.
• In 1990 they modernized to reduce energy consumption by over 90%.
• And last year Birkenstock celebrated their 50th year in the United States.
Haven’t tried a pair? Well, now is as good a time as any! Here are a few reasons the footbeds are so comfy, and so many people love them:
- More Toe Room
- Allows toes to move naturally, which promotes better balance and overall toe health.
- Raised Toe Bar
- Encourages the natural gripping motion of your feet while exercising your legs and improving circulation.
- Contoured Footbed
- Mirrors and supports the shape and contours of a healthy foot. The four arches ensure even weight distribution.
- Deep Heel Cup
- A neutral heel profile and deep heel cup keeps natural padding where it belongs and promotes natural spine alignment.
- Shock-Absorbing Sole
- Flexible, durable, lightweight, shock resistant and replaceable.
- Jute Fibers
- Two layers. One wicks away moisture, the other adds strength and makes resoling easy.
- Cork Footbed
- Firm, resilient cork/natural latex base gives your feet the support they need.
- Footbed Liner
- Soft suede, which keeps your feet comfortable and dry.
Our staff is here to help fit you properly, for maximum comfort. But be aware, these can take up to a month to break in.
Here’ s a final fun fact: The US Birkenstock Headquarters is located in Novato, CA. It also happens to be where I was born. Birkenstock also closes for lunch every day which is kind of cool and very old fashioned which I seem to appreciate!